The Barkey Bunch

Friday, November 27, 2009

I am Thankful

Thanksgiving, the day is now over. Many people right now are shopping with greed in their hearts. I'd be with them if I had some money but I think I'll spend my time wisely thismorning and do what I wanted to do earlier this month but just couldn't. This is my Thankful list. I like the idea of one thing per day for the month and since my opportunity for that is over I'll stick with 30.

1. God- the salvation he gives through Jesus Christ.

2. Hope- given by God. I cling to it and would not be able to live without it.

3. The Bible- What would we do without it! I think it is so awesome how it has survived all these years.

4. Wil- my husband who does HIS best to love and provide for our family. I can't be who I am without him. He supports me, really cares, and is a good father to our children.

5. My children- Morgan-13........a teenager! I just can't believe it. He is fun to be around. Always has a joke or trivia up his sleeve. He presents challenges to me and makes me learn and grow. Without him life could be boring. My first born. He is a special gift from God and gave me something to work for and hold onto for some rocky years.

6. Nathan- 9...is he really 9? His name means a gift from God and he sure is! Sweet, kind, and a little sneaky, but boy does he bless my heart! I am so proud of Nathan as a Cub scout, and 3rd grader. He also arrived from God at a time that could not have been any better and helped me get through some more tough years.

7.Kailey-6, my baby girl is 6! A spark of joy! Full of life and excited to do and see everything in it! She nearly always has a positive attitude! She is a beautiful young lady who loves being a girl but can keep up with the boys-no problem!

8.Ben-4...he wants to change his name to Benny. This kid is HAPPY and that was his nickname as a baby and still continues. He nearly always has a smile on his face and can giggle like no one else! He loves to snuggle.......they all do. I look forward to teaching him to read very soon.

9. Elianna-6months...another girl! I felt so in awe with one, but 2! She is so much like me it is strange. She reminds me of my baby pictures and all my mom told me about myself as a baby. She is a good baby and clings to me. She is a joy to the whole family and brings out the best in everyone. I love to see the way she interacts with her older siblings.

10. My mom- who just called me to make sure the kids saw the snow! It is finally snowing! I can talk to her about nearly anything and argue with her knowing that we love each other and we'll get through anything. She has taught me so much about God and life and I truly appreciate her very much!

11. My Dad- the many GOOD memories I have of him. He loved God and family and was a good example for many. I miss him very, very much. I am thankful to know he is in heaven with his fathers (heavenly and earthly) waiting to be reunited with us.

12. All of my other family members. Grandparents, siblings, Aunts, Uncles, in-laws. Everyone is special to me in their own way as they all affect my immediate family. Some more than others, some better than others. We love them all.

13. My home- Also a gift from God. Just 12K about 8 years ago.

14.Currently 2 running vehicles.

15.Current stable health for myself and immediate family.

16.Dr. Faber who found a chemical imbalance in Morgan which is leading us on a new journey in untangling the web we're in.

17.Health insurance.

18.Wil's new job selling cars at Washington Chevrolet. Even though it is not ideal and we're not sure that it will pay the bills, at least he has the job and likes it!

19.My job in the Air National Guard. The ability to stay in and not deploy to this point. Just 41/2 years to go!

20.Co-Op- a place for the kids and I to learn, socialize, and get support as we homeschool with friends who think along the lines we do!

21.Friends- I can't name them all. But there are special people, some family, who I can cry to and share joys with. They are all so important to me.

22. Grace United Methodist Church- the pastors and the people. The Youth Group for Morgan, LOGOS for Ben, Kailey, and Nathan. The Thanksgiving Eve service that helped me get over the painful past and selfishness so I could move on and be thankful.

23.Food. We have food and it is good.

24.Books. To learn, to enjoy, to share. Especially the Little House on the Prarie series.

25.The Computer and Internet we have and Enjoy.

26.Clothes.....all the hand-downs, thrift shop finds, and Old Navy sales!

27.Heat. We have it today and I trust God to get us through the winter.

28.Our new bathroom. Almost a year old....... love it!

29.Each new Day!

30. The wonder and beauty of Nature........ the sun, moon, stars, trees, grass, flowers, babies, animals...............................................................................................................

Wow! That wasn't hard! I could keep going! These are things I want to focus on. The Lord knows we all could find things to complain about. However, those things are blessings too. They help us grow and become who we are! Thank you God for TODAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com