The Barkey Bunch

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009









Look what I spied! We tell the kids about the real man who was like santa we don't pretend. We have fun with Wil dressind up though.






Nathan got tangled up while helping decorate a local church with the scouts.



Molassass snow candy like Laura Ingalls had. We didn't like it. We're spoiled these days!







It was very different this year in many ways. There were enjoyable times and moments that didn't pass quickly enough. Our family Christmas party was cancelled due to a snow storm, Jodee had eye surgury and was still recovering, and we missed dad as this was the first Christmas without him. It was nice though with food and gifts unexpected. The kids were all good and happy. My joy comes from the real reason for Christmas, JESUS and just knowing that he is all that really matters.


We managed to stay out of stores and the commercial craziness pretty well. I can't complain about the business, although to know that so many people rush and over do this holiday, it left me feeling like I was missing something. However, the cookies were made and the presents wrapped and the gatherings were had. The decorations were lovely and well, it was a nice Christmas. I am sooooo ready to move on. Spring is my favorite time of year and I look forward to it as I write my resolutions. This year I shall post them...it could possibly help me keep them knowing others can keep me accountable. Last year I wanted to start to learn to play the guitar..this year I shall as I got one for Christmas.......





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I feel like I was with you! Which room is painted the dark blue? I love it! The kids look great! Nathan is really growing and changing the most of all of them I think. I am so happy you blog! I love it! When you see your mom give her a giant hug from me and tell her I love her! Hugs to all of you... Oh and Wil in the Santa suit is just great! Love it!!!!!! xo Stacy!

December 31, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com